Where can Botox be injected?
Botox is typically used to relax muscles in the face to smooth out lines and wrinkles.
However, it has a vast range of uses that most people are unaware of.
In this blog post I will outline where botox can be injected and the result it has.
The most common areas that Botox is injected..
1) In the forehead- to smooth vertical lines in our forehead when we raise our eyebrows
2) In the frown- to prevent us looking tired or cross
3) In the crows feet- the lines next to our eyes- these deepen when we smile
Less common areas..
1) Bunny lines- the wrinkles at the top of our nose that appear when we scrunch up our nose. Sometimes these appear more obvious as a result of botox treatment in the upper face ( the first three areas)
2) Into the nostrils- this can be used to narrow the appearance of the nose
3) Above the lips to reduce the appearance of a gummy smile/ to soften the so called ‘smokers lines’ that we can get as we age
4)Into the masseter the muscles that we use to clench and grind our teeth with- when people suffer from tooth wear and headaches due to stress and toothgrinding treatment in this area can help relieve symptoms. It also has the added benefit of slimming the face!
5)Into the chin to prevent the so called ‘orange peel chin’
6)Into the muscles in our lower face to upturn the downtuned appearance of a smile
7)Into the jaw and the neck, the so called ‘nefertiti neck lift’ to give a non surgical lift and treat laxity in this area
8)Under the arms to treat the embarrassing condition, hyperhidrosis, which causes excess sweating